Millenium (Bova)

Millenium: A Novel About People and Politics in the Year 1999, Ben Bova
Ballantine Books, 1976, 295 pp.


December 1999: The U.S. and Soviet Union lunar cities co-exist peacefully. Too bad the Earth isn't as well-adjusted.
The two countries are on the brink of total annihilation before either country can complete their ABM satellite network (operated remotely by three space stations each).
World population: 8 billion.
US population: 300 million
Food and resources are scarce, riots common (mostly past) and everything is polluted.
Gripping.




As gripping as it might have been, I'd totally forgotten about this novel until I found my notes. I couldn't tell you anything more than is written above. So maybe I should change my mini-review to "gripping, but not memorable".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)