The Western King (Marston)

The Western King, Ann Marston 1996.


I knew that this was book two in a trilogy when I picked it up. Bought it anyway.
Loved it.
The story takes place 20 years after the first volume and doesn't require that you know anything about book one. This story spans several years and flows well. It's not like, "Here's one afternoon's events, and here's another afternoon five years later." It's a well-thought-out tale of three brothers -- one a Prince, one destined to be King, and a younger twin who will have three sons, according to a prophecy -- their father, who is the Regent, and the rest of their family.
The try to unite their island against an enemy that has occupied a portion of land for 20+ years, even as the raider's home territory -- indeed, the entire continent -- is falling before a darker evil.
Half of the prophecies are fulfilled before the end of this book. Others deal with the future and should be resolved in the final volume.
Great book at a great price. I stayed up late reading extra chapters.
This book makes up for the crap I bought at the same time at the same price.
I may have to look for the other two books.




I eventually used the Public Library system to track down the other five books in the two trilogies. These reviews will show up eventually, but I was disappointed to learn that the story didn't have any closure at the end of book three and I had to find three more books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cibola Burn (Corey)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)