A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Slippery Slope (Snicket)

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Slippery Slope, Lenomy Snicket (aka Daniel Handler), 2003

When we each received our books for the family reading club, this one was mine, which meant I got to read it first. And because it was the last one available at the mine, everyone was anxious for me to read it. (Envious, really.)

The Baudelaire children, having finally found out what V.F.D. stands for and what it's significance is, start to wonder whether you fight fire with fire or do you fight fire with water. And does fighting fire with fire make you no better than Count Olaf? Or something like that. And since we know what V.F.D. stands for, a new mystery is introduced -- namely, the sugar bowl and what's so important about it. Along with the search for the possibly living parent of the Baudelaire children.

I found it getting tedious, but I figured I was almost done with the series so I plowed through it. I was actually a little upset to discover that there would be a bit of a wait before the 11th book would be published.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)