Mermaid Precinct (DeCandido)

Mermaid Precinct , Keith R.A. DeCandido (2019)

Not a review. Just a reminder of what I read recently.

I was lucky enough to be at the book launch party for Mermaid Precinct at Heliosphere in Tarrytown, NY recently. I was even luckier to already have a copy of the ebook from winning a flash fiction contest at eSpec Books, the publisher. The plan was to buy the Tales of book to get signed since I can't sign my ebook.

(Sidebar: my winning story was The Feast of Groggry the Cronaut. )

This is the first one three books to be written for eSpec Books. To expand the series, DeCandido expanded the town. This book takes place a year after Gryphon. In that time, there was a fire in Barlin, and many refugees flooded Cliff's End. As a result, a new neighborhood was built, and while the official name is Albinton, everyone calls it "New Barlin". This neighborhood has been designated Phoenix Precinct. Also, there is now a prison barge offshore, which has been designated Manticore Precinct.

Guess what the next two books will be called. At a sit-down with Keith, I heard that Phoenix should be the next book to be written. It hasn't been started yet, so it'll be a while before I continue this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)