Superman Adventures, Vol 4 (Millar, Michelinie, et al)

Superman Adventures, Volume 4, Writers: Mark Millar, David Michelinie; Illustrators: Terry Austin, Aluir Amancio, Neil Vokes, Mike Manley (2018)

In the past, I've complained about graphic novels that weren't novels, but rather collections of comics and sometimes not even cohesively or coherently so. And yet I continue to pick them from the library shelves. This one isn't a novel, and I'm absolutely fine with that. It is what I expected it to be: a bunch of one-off adventures, each self-contained. Basically, it's like watching a three-hour marathon of the show, which, by the way, I have never seen. (I should rectify this.)

Note: I have seen all of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, which has the same animation, voice actors and a couple of story lines, so I am familiar with it. And because of that, Lobo sounds in my head like Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond (Brad Garrett), and Kalibak sounds like Worf from Star Trek: the Next Generation (Michael Dorn).

Fun quick read for the train, even if I got some amused looked from people watching this gray-hair distinguished fellow reading a comic book. Great appearances by Doctor Fate and Batman.

Note: I found a reference that says the stories came from Superman Adventures #26-35.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)