Funny Shorts 5 (McDonnell)

Funny Shorts 5
More Comic Plays

by John McDonnell (2024)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

My first book of 2024 but not really. It is a collecting on one-act plays, or scenes, really, that one can use in theater classes. I'll use the Good Reads description because I read this nearly a month ago and I've already forgotten much about it:

In this collection you’ll find Dracula getting an image makeover, pigeons discussing their artistic methods, sibling rivalry among witches, an assassin who writes poetry, a verbal shootout in a senior center, Lucifer getting dumped by his girlfriend, a first date with an alien, and much more. These funny skits are perfect for community theater, schools, senior productions – anywhere audiences want to be entertained.

Some were amusing, some were harder to get through. Not much to say. It was a quick read: about three days, reading in fits and starts.

Edit: Okay, so there was a reason that I didn't remember the end of this book: I didn't finish reading it.

I must have been reading this when the last Book Club book came in from the library and then stopped reading. I have now completed it. It had its moments.

My overall opinion hasn't changed, so I guess my sample was indicative of the entire product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)