The Kingdom of Infinite Numbers: A Field Guide (Bunch)

The Kingdom of Infinite Numbers: A Field Guide, Bryan Bunch

Every summer I try to read a book about math to expand my knowledge of the subject. I usually fail. I get part or even most of the way through the book and then I haven't a clue what the author is talking about anymore.

This book from the summer of 2004 was different.

Bunch writes a "field guide" for numbers, picking interesting numbers and describing what's interesting about them, starting with natural numbers like 1, 2, 3, moving on to 0, particular negative numbers and fractions, decimals, and specific really, really big numbers.

It was an interesting read. And I made it all the way through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cibola Burn (Corey)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)