How to Break Up With Your Phone (Price)

How to Break Up With Your Phone , Catherine Price (2019)

This was among a bunch of books slated to be removed from my house. The title intrigued me, so I took it out of the recycle pile. As a result, I only read this in school, not at home, because someone might've been upset that I'm rescuing what is supposed to be trashed. But I digress...

My phone is the least of my problems. Until a few years ago, I still had a cheap flip phone because it was costing me about $7 per month, and because I still have a legacy house phone that isn't going away any time soon.

However, it could be said that I have a problem with my iPad and any working PC with Internet at work (or at home). I'll sit down to do one thing, and I'll find myself checking out the same handful of sites over and over again, and not getting done the things I'd planned on doing. That sure kills writing projects (and sometimes comics), and is one of the reasons I no longer post weekly TV/movie/whatever reviews on another blog I maintain.

Oddly, I've gotten better about the number of sites I visit because typing on the ipad is a pain, and I use the ipad more than the pc.

Anyway, I thought the book's focus might be transferable, and in some ways it was. If nothing else, it's stuff to watch out for as I upgrade to my next phone and start using my features and functions.

The downside is that the book is really a Read-a-Day book where you are supposed to reevaluate your relationship with your device over the course of 30 days. I did not do this. I have no need to. So I just read through.

If you are addicted to your phone, there are likely good tips in here. If you are annoyed when people are on their phones when you're hanging out, you may want to give them a copy of this. If they are annoyed with you for the same reason, you should read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)