Learning to Breathe (Stephens)

Learning to Breathe by Robin Stephens (2021)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

A short collection of poetry that I found when the author's spouse posted a link on free ebook board. I don't read a lot of poetry, but I made it all the way through and I didn't hate it. That's saying something, I guess.

I don't particularly care for free verse with no apparent meter or rhyme or reason. Okay, the poem's do have reasons for exisitng, but I couldn't always figure out the feeling or emotion behind them. And after reading the description on the Amazon page, I think I missed out on a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)