I Heard God Laugh (Kelly)

I Heard God Laugh: A Practical Guide to Life's Essential Daily Habit by Matthew Kelly (2020)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

When I saw the title, I thought of the old joke about telling God your plans and hearing God laugh. The author references this later in the book.

This was an inspirational book that was given to me one Sunday on the way out of Church. I saw the title but didn't actually pay attention to the subtitle. So it didn't turn out to be what I thought it might be. Rather than inspirational stories about life, it was a detailed guide to daily praying. Nice to read, even while floating on a tube in the pool on a summer morning, but not much more that that.

Will I take this to heart? Time will tell. Maybe as my life changes. Maybe I'll plan out the rest of my life first, and listen for the response.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)