Southern Spirits (Fox)

Southern Spirits, Angie Fox (2015)
A Southern Ghost Hunter Mystery

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

I read Book 8.5, The Ghosts of Christmas Past, and didn't hate it. There were good characters there, but the story was tied up with Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come, a la Scrooge. On the other hand, it wasn't badly written and I didn't say I wouldn't read another book in the series given the opportunity.

I got that opportunity when Book 1 in the series showed up as a free listing in a Book Bub e-mailing. I'll point out here that I've downloaded a few books from them, and have read only a fraction of those. It's at the point where there could be three or four books (or even sets of books) listed for free, and I won't download any of them. Maybe because they all seem to be the same thing. But that would be my fault for downloading the earlier books, so I see ads for more of the same.

Anyway, having read 8.5, some stuff was spoiled a little, but not much. Verity is already broken up with her fiance and already owes money on the wedding so she has to sell home ancestral home. And her ex-fiance's brother shows up and she eventually starts falling for him (a little too quickly, I would think -- there wasn't any sort of will they/won't they). I thought that might not get resolved until the next book.

And this one is an actual mystery, involving "Southern Spirits", which in this case is a defunct disterilly on a property that's being renovated. The problem is that it's haunted with several ghosts (who are "Southern Spirits" of a different sort). And a poltergeist. And there may be humans are aren't happy either.

A quick read (two or three days of train rides and before bed).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)