Whiskey (Diller)

Whiskey, Tadio Diller (2016)
A Guide to the Most Common Whiskeys, and How to Know the Difference between the Good, Bad and the Ugly, 2nd edition

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

This probably came up in Book Bub, but it might've been in Reddit's FREEebooks.

It's a short primer about different kinds of whiskey, whisky, Scotch and bourbon. A bit of history and a "listicle" that includes information found elsewhere in the book. It explains the difference in spellings and what must (or should) be in each variety. If it explained what "Kentucky Straight" meant, I missed it.

It was a book to read between other books. Also, and this sounds really dumb, according to kindle, I've been reading for something like 180 straight days. Excpet that I've been reading even longer than that. But it appears that it doesn't count .PDF files, such as the Analog magazines, or some of the eSpec Books stories as reading a book. The .DOC files are a toss-up. I can't tell because the results don't always update right away.

So I was reading chapters of this book while I was reading other things just to update that stupid counter that I shouldn't care about ... but I do.

Most of this information could probably be found online, but it's nice that someone collected it together. It's more entertaining that a dry wiki article.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)