Exactly How I Promote and Sell Books (Dee)

Exactly How I Promote and Sell Books
A 30 Minute Read
(Kathy's Practically Perfect Plan Book 6) by Kathy Dee (2021)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

This was a freebie, probably from r/FreeEBOOKS, so she didn't make money from me selling this book. Kathy Dee has a series of 15-minute reads, but this one, she says, has so much material in it, it's more of a 30-minute read. And it was. Note: I read this a month ago and just didn't get around to posting about it. In truth, I wanted to wait until I finished the next book because I didn't want this to be the top post on my blog for more than 1 day.

There's should good information in here if I want to self-publish books, particularly if I want to use Kindle Unlimited to get more eyes on my pages. Let's face it, at this point, I'm not going to sell books on my name.

But it keeps coming back to this: you need a cover, and covers aren't cheap. You can do it yourself but it won't look all that great. And worse is when I looked for cheap royalty free artwork to use, I couldn't find a way to buy one thing. They wanted to sell a package for more all than I needed or make it a monthly subscription, as if I'd need more for my one book. Granted, it makes sense to use two or more images and blend them just so I'd have an original final cover that couldn't be duplicated by someone looking to make a similar cover with a similar title. That's actually an issue.

Over than that, it was like I read an online article -- the kind I wish I could find on the subject.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)