Executive Orders (Clancy)

Executive Orders, Tom Clancy, 1998


Ryan's the president and the other countries are taking advantage. Fun to read (although I listened to the book on tape a couple of years ago), but the end was a hard read because it was a long simulation of a wargame. The mountain men subplot went nowhere. Literally.


For such a HUGE book, I don't remember why I wrote such a small review. But some memories about reading it:

I picked it up at a library sale. It was the LARGE PRINT edition. Of a TOM CLANCY book. I was lucky I was able to lift the darned thing.

My wife was amused watching me read this monstrosity in bed ... moreso when I was tired and the thing started tipping over.

And I photocopied the pages about the spleen and mailed it to some friends. Private joke.

This one could've been a good movie, but Harrison Ford already made Air Force One. It would've been confusing as to which character he was playing. Plus, the ebola virus got overdone in Hollywood really fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cibola Burn (Corey)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)