Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Rowling)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J. K. Rowling


Excellent. She keeps expanding on the characters without betraying or retconning anything we already knew.


Probably my favorite one to date (though subject to change). I was totally taken in by this one, waiting for something so fricking obvious to happen and then have an alternate, which I didn't suspect, happen.


The second entry came from a file on an old hard drive, not from my log.

Of the series, this was probably my favorite standalone book. It was better than Goblet of Fire, and the final three books were more of a continuous narrative working toward the climatic battle.

Comments

  1. Somehow Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was left out of my log book. I know that I read the Harry Potter books in sequence, so it should have appeared in the list. I just checked when I noticed that I didn't have a review of it.

    As for Chamber of Secrets, I remember being impressed how the novel seemed to be a seamless continuation of the themes in the first book and a good standalone novel without being a retread of the first one. It wasn't quite as good as Sorceror's Stone, but it was still very good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)