InQUIZitive, Volume I & II (Dhar)

InQUIZitive - The Pub and Trivia Quiz Game Book: Omnibus Volume I & II, by Sumit Dhar (2013)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

A few of these popped up, and who doesn't like trivia? (No, seriously, if you're not a trivia fan, you are way too serious.)

I'll count this as one book because there was no delineation between the two volumes. Altogether, there were 40 quizzes of five questions each. I've never attended a "pub quiz", so I do not know the format of those.

These quizzes were generally a paragraph of background information leading to a question. Sometimes the answer was obvious from hints in the text. Other times, that was only true if you'd heard of the answer in the first place. (There was a company I guessed from the translation of two words, but I never heard of the company.)

The annoying things: first, there are questions where it is not obvious that the answer is someone or something that is fictional. Second, the answers repeat the entire questions over again, often just to add three or four words. Third, there were at least five questions (which would be an entire quiz) which were repeated word for word in later quizzes. Finally, there are a couple of "India-specific" quizzes, meaning that you need to have more than just a passing knowledge of India to answer them.

Some of the quizzes I pondered a while so I could work out the answer, or at least a good guess. Others, I just breezed to the answers because I figured I'd never get it (and most of the time, it turned out that I wouldn't have gotten it had I waited, either).

Other than that, it was a quick read before falling asleep or during breakfast.

Moving on to something else, and then I'll pick up the next book in the series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)