Aesop's Fables (Aesop/Jones)

Aesop's Fables, translated by V.S. Vernon Jones (unknown)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

I like fables and fairy tales, so when I saw a free ebook of Aesop's Fables, of course, I downloaded it.

And like all collections of this sort, I had to read it over time because of repetitive overload. It gets to be too much at once.

I did not expect how many stories would be included. Fully the first 4% of the text is the Table of Contents. (And there's a second listing at the back of the book.)

Many of these stories I'd read before, and others I knew because they are "Aesops" after all. Only a fraction of them ending with added morals. Most stood on there own. And it was funny see tales that I remembered from readers in early school grades.

I did take a book of Aesop's Fables out of the library long, long ago, and I remember the first few, but I don't think I read very far. Or maybe it just didn't have as many tales in it because there were quite a few that where new to me.

Glad I read it, but now I have to find something else to read in-between other books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)