My Hero Academia Volumes 1, 2 & 3

My Hero Academia Volumes 1, 2 & 3, by Kōhei Horikoshi (2014)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

Set in a world where most people have "Quirks" or superpowers to a greater or lesser degree, the series focuses on the quirkless Izuku Midoriya, and his desire to be the greatest hero in the world, like the Number One Hero (they're ranked) All-Might.

The first three volumes follow the series closely -- although obviously the books came first. I've seen four seasons of the show, so I'm hoping that it will flesh out more of the characters within these pages. That's not likely to happen for a while though.

So far, Midoriya has shown his value and trained to be a successor to All Might, who passed his power onto the boy just in time for him to take the entrance exam at UA High School, the elite school for training the next generation of heroes. Between Class 1A and 1B, there are some 40 heroes to be introduced, along with some from the General Studies track. There isn't much need to make notes as there are a lot of pages out there catalouging all this.

I'll keep up with this one for a while, and probably go farther with this title than I did with One Piece, which I don't even remember where I left off. (I read a few more books after my last entry.) Also of note, I watched one episode of the One Piece show and it wasn't following the comic at all. Maybe they would've synced up at some point. I don't know. So many things I want to watch, and that isn't on the radar right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)