My Hero Academia Volumes 15 Through 21

My Hero Academia Volumes 15 Through 21 , by Kōhei Horikoshi (2017-2019)

(Not a review, just some notes to help me remember the things I've read. But written this way because it's the Internet, and some people will stumble across this page.)

The Yakuza line plays out (and some of the visuals get very complicated to look at) and Eri is saved, and her power saves Deku.

After this, it's time for the school festival which is a chance for the non-hero courses to be recognized. Class 1-A decides to put on a dance for the students, allowing Jiro to shine. Bakugo is a mad drummer. (He's a mad everything, I guess.)

This also introduces the Gentle Criminal arc, which is thankfully brief. He just wasn't that good a villain on TV and his sidekick was annoying. I thought she was a child at first, but she's just a very short woman.

Next Endeavor steps up as the Number One hero, and he needs to show the world who he is. He immediately gets his chance facing a more evolved Nomu. It's a long fight that he finally wins, with a little assist from Hawks (who is hiding things). Finally, it's back to training for Class 1-A and 1-B. Shinso shows up to train with them and he has Eraser's scarf on him. By the end of book 21, there have been two of the five matches before the classes.

Side Note: I borrowed the first volume of SMASH!, to see what that was about. It's like daily strips (4-panel vertical) that satirize or parody the main story line. I didn't make it through the first half of the book. Maybe it's the cartoony 3-head artwork, maybe it's the level of the humor, I don't know. I tried. Couldn't do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)