The Empire of Time (Kilian)

The Empire of Time, Crawford Kilian, 1978, 182 pages


Short but boring. I fell asleep too many nights without finishing two pages. Dense and too long. Might've made a good 90-page Analog story.
Interesting premise: Other timelines are discovered, all parallel to ours, all in the past, except for two future ones where the world has been destroyed.
I bought this book for a quarter and picked it, probably, because of the word "Time" in the title and the subway train (No. 1 line) on the cover (with rats). Subways allow more people to travel through the I-Screen quicker --- saves energy.
It started off well, though with lots of exposition, but the middle gets bogged down as the plot unravels.
You never get to like the characters at all.




Another book that I'd forgotten that I'd read. I don't remember any of it. Not even the cover that I seemed to have liked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)