Tom Clancy's Net Force: Hidden Agendas (Pieczenik)

Tom Clancy's Net Force: Hidden Agendas created by Tom Clancy and Steve Pieczenik, 1999.
(technically, I never actually saw the name of the author in the book)


An elite government computer force with cool equipment set 10 years from now. Second in the Net Force series, but the characters were well-enough introduced if you weren't familiar with them. (I wasn't. I didn't read the first book.)
Lots of "hidden agendas", lot of double-crossing, but borrows two much from Die Hard.
Not overwritten like many of Clancy's books and I guess that "apostrophe s" is the reason.
The romances were interesting: two couples get together, one broke up, and one never got together (and if they did, it would've been way too cliche).
Only one subplot seemed to go nowhere. The boss's kid was having his heart broken by a girl -- big flippin' deal as far as the rest of the story is concerned. He only briefly interacted with his father in two key scenes, neither of them key.
Overall, a good read. I'll pick up the first book sometime if I see it at the library.
(Glad I broke the adaptation cycle.)




Just thinking: 10 years into the future would be this year.
I still haven't read book 1, but I did read the next few as I found them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bedeviled Eggs (Childs)

Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Doidge)

Cibola Burn (Corey)